Summary: This website is run using Zendesk to manage the pages and handle all requests submitted by the contact form and by email. By contacting us, your details will be shared with the small group of volunteers who run the site. If you have any questions about your data or would like it to be deleted please contact us at email@example.com.
To make this website work properly, we sometimes place small data files called “cookies” on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website (including this website) saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website, including plugins such as YouTube, to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. It also enables us to analyse how this website is being used.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
This website also uses Google Analytics to understand which pages are being read and how people arrive on the site. This Google information page describes how they use information from sites which use Google Analytics, and how to opt out of sharing information with them.
If you sign up to use this website, we will ask you for the following information:
- Email address
- Form submissions with requests
Unless we are in direct correspondence with you – for example because you have asked us specific questions – we will only use this information for the following purposes:
- Email discussion about the requests you make
- Updates about information you have enquired about, and related information we think may help you
You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time and any email we send you will contain an option to enable you to unsubscribe.
We will not allow any third parties to make use of your email information, but we may use third party data processors, for example to automate our handling of emails. Any use we make of data processors will require them only to act only on our instructions concerning your personal data. Currently we use Zendesk.
The Zendesk privacy and data protection policy states how they process site user data on behalf of the volunteer team who operate this website.
It is lawful for us, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to process the information described in this notice because we have a
- Legitimate interest in operating a website and using the information we collect for these purposes.
- Where you have signed up to a mailing list, we have a legitimate interest in emailing you so long as you do not object to our doing so.
We do not believe the way in which we are processing them is likely to cause you any harm.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please: